The Girlfriend Doctor’s Anna Cabeca on How to Boost Your Immunity and What You Need in Your Kitchen Now to Thrive on a Keto Diet
I bet we all thought that when we got into 2020 and beyond, our lives would be so easy and convenient because we’d have all those modern devices to do things for us. Right? Has that actually happened to anyone?
It didn’t happen to me. I have a business to run, a hectic lecture schedule, books to write and four daughters to raise. Most of the time, I long to be transported away to some tropical island where I could just relax and do nothing—we all have our daydreams.
When it comes to mealtime though, I like to prepare healthy dishes for my family. I want my girls to grow up strong and happy. I want them to know what healthy living really looks like. That’s why I stock my kitchen with Keto-Green Foods and all the tools necessary to prepare a Keto-Green meal.
You may think it’s going to be hard to switch over from regular meal prep to Keto-Green: actually, it’s just a matter of proper planning.
So, I’d like to share how I manage to fix delicious but healthy meals that take no more time than regular dishes.
These dishes come from my new book Keto-Green 16
And they’re simple to make. The big pay-off here is that once you get the hang of it, you’ll enjoy cooking this way. Plus, you’ll look and feel good. No sluggishness. You can lose a pound a day and you’ll feel alive again!
Keto-Green 16 and YOU!
The first step is to get your kitchen stocked with healthy, lean Keto-Green foods.
My book, Keto-Green 16, will show you how. This eating plan is built around 16 key food types and these are:
1. Chicken (white and dark meat): These are metabolism-stoking proteins important for boosting weight-loss hormones like growth hormone, testosterone, and glucagon.
2. Fish (salmon and white fish): Adding fish to your weekly diet is a bona fide fat-burning strategy, reported in various research studies.
3. Dark leafy greens: These are a must for getting your body into a healthy alkaline state. Great options include spinach, kale, chard, and collard greens.
4. Beef, grass-fed (including bison): This selection is high in omega-3 fatty acids and has been found to help cut the risk of developing belly fat.
5. Cabbage, cooked or raw. This super-healthy Keto-Green food is another detoxifying veggie, which is why it’s on my list.
6. Sprouts, raw. These little powerhouses contain chemicals that support liver detoxification and help eliminate toxic, fat-forming, environmental estrogens from the body. Both actions clear the way for steady fat loss.
7. Other cruciferous veggies, cooked or raw. These foods support the body’s natural detoxification system, help haul out metabolic trash, and leave our bodies free to burn fat.
8. Olive oil: This is one of the best Keto-Green fats you can eat. It has an impressive resume of health perks, especially for women. For example, olive oil balances one of our major hormones, insulin. Olive oil can also help improve your body shape—less body fat and more toned curves.
9. Garlic and other alliums. Including onions, leeks, scallions, and chives, alliums are rich sources of quercetin, a type of phytochemical that helps in activating enzymes essential for breaking down fats.
10. Avocado: My favorite Keto-Green fat, avocados are loaded with omega-9 fatty acids, known to activate fat-burning. Plus, they’re extremely alkalinizing.
11. MCT oil or coconut oil: Both are fat-burning fats that can support your metabolism in a super-fast way.
12. Nuts – Brazil nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, and pili nuts: The fat, fiber, and protein they contain all work together to make us feel fuller and satiated longer. They also stimulate the action of various weight-loss hormones.
13. Pineapple, mango, and papaya. All three contain natural enzymes that help your body digest protein and carbohydrates.
14. Sauerkraut, kimchi, and pickled ginger. All three provide probiotics, which can help improve the health of your gut so that you burn fat more easily.
15. Citrus – lemons and limes. Both are rich in polyphenols—active plant compounds that have anti-obesity, anti-inflammatory, liver-detox, and insulin-controlling benefits.
16. Bone broth. This is alkalizing and supports balanced hormones and overall health. It helps with digestion, joint function, immunity, and virtually every other function in the body. There’s a recipe for it in my new book.
Good News for Vegans!
If you don’t like meat, then I’ve got great news. My Keto-Green 16 program features a vegan plan. I’ll show you how easy it is to substitute white beans, garbanzo beans, black soybeans, non-GMO tofu, and tempeh for your protein. My Keto-Green alkalizing broth is delicious and easily replaces the bone broth.
These 16 foods will become the essentials for your new Keto-Green diet. Once you get your pantry and fridge all stocked, it will be simple to plan and prepare meals. My book includes menus and recipes that will make your new eating plan easy to follow.
When you order my book today, I will give you some FREE gifts: A Keto-Green Quick Start Guide, an additional 3-day meal plan with recipes, Keto-Green Recipe Videos (watch recipes being made!), and more recipes to help you enjoy eating and know that you’re doing what’s best for your good health.
Getting Keto-Green Tools to Work With
Every kitchen needs pots, pans, silverware, knives, and baking dishes. But there are a few tools that you’ll need in your new Keto-Green kitchen that will make things go much easier. Below, is a list of tools and such that you should have on hand to make the Keto-Green lifestyle more fun and convenient. Most of these items are affordable and are things that you could use in your kitchen regardless of your lifestyle.
Food processor: You’ve probably already got one of these. They do all those boring chores very quickly, such as chop, shred, mix, puree – and more. Many of my Keto-Green 16 recipies use a food processor: Cauliflower “Gnocchi” with Pesto and White Beans, Riced Cauliflower, Cardamom Cashew Fat Bombs, Spicy Pumpkin Seed Dip and many others. This is a great time saver for bulk food prep.
Spiralizer: This is a fun tool that transforms low-carb veggies into pasta-like noodles you can substitute for high-carb pasta. They taste delicious too. Foods you can spiralize include cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, and squash. I have a vegan-friendly Zucchini Noodles with Walnut Romesco Sauce recipe that you’re going to love. A small handheld spiralizer will work just fine.
Slow cooker or InstaPot: Many of you probably have one of these on hand too. It’s a great time-saver. You’ll discover how easy it is to make my Keto-Green recipes using these tools. Whether you’re cooking poultry, meats, fish, bone broth, or other dishes, you’ll enjoy meal prep. My slow-cooked Not Your Mama’s Cabbage Soup recipe is in the Keto Green 16 book.
Indoor or outdoor grill: This one isn’t mandatory, but it really does add to the taste. Grilled foods are so delicious. I rely on this favorite for grilling chicken, meat, fish, and veggies. Grills shorten cooking time too. Try the Spiced Halibut with Crunchy Citrus Salad and Mediterranean Burgers and you’ll be hooked.
Blender: Blenders are great to have around, aren’t they? I’m big on smoothies for breakfast, as meal replacements, and in-between meals. It’s fast and easy to whip up any of the new smoothie recipes.
That’s about it, really. I hope I’ve fueled your desire to get healthy and stay that way. My program makes it easy to stay in shape and keep those additional pounds off. It’s a little bit of an adjustment but imagine never having to worry about weight gain again. Imagine having all the energy you need each day to get things done and enjoy your life.
Dr. Anna Cabeca is an internationally acclaimed integrative and regenerative medicine, menopause and anti-aging expert, the bestselling author of “The Hormone Fix”, creator of popular alkaline superfoods drink Mighty Maca® PLUS and rejuvenating feminine vulvar cream for women, Julva®, and host of The Girlfriend Doctor on Podopolo.
Order your copy of Keto-Green 16 and get a lot of FREE gifts: A Keto-Green Quick Start Guide, an additional 3-day meal plan with recipes, and Keto-Green Recipe Videos. More at: drannacabeca.com